Monday, November 21, 2011

Love: Passion VS. Brotherly

The other day I was telling an adult in my church about how the guys at my school are doing "No Shave November" and how it really makes me not want to hug them because they are all furry. Well, the person then replied to me, "Well, you shouldn't be hugging boys anyways."

Me: *sarcasm* "Okay, right..."

Her: *pats me on back* "Well, I know you're still like, 'Ewwwww, boys. Cooties.'"

This annoyed me to no extent. I mean really, I wanted to whip around and say, "You don't even understand." But, alas, I didn't. I simply tilted my head and said, "Well, they are just my friends. Well, more like my brothers. So I can hug them." The conversation quickly ended after that.

You see, the reason I was so irritated was because I am not afraid of boys, or of being in a relationship. I just want to be against the world flow of things; it's really how I have come to be.

I have no problem with people dating either. I have come to a point in my life (which has no been very long) where I have decided that I don't need a boyfriend right now. I want to go to college and get my career going, and serve the Lord as a missionary. My goal is to become a nurse and go to Africa.

I guess the person's comment bugged me because I don't want people to think that that was the reason I don't want to be in a relationship.  I want people to realized that I am SO in love with my God, that am I wanting Him and only Him now. I want to serve Him, and if it is HIS will that I find a guy that I want to spend the REST of my life with, then HOLY MOLEY! That's stinking amazing!

I like guys, it's just I don't NEED a boyfriend. You know?? Plus, the Bible says in 1 Timothy 5:1-2, "Do not rebuke an older man, but exhort him as a father, younger men as brothers, older women as mothers, younger women as sisters, with all purity."

That is how I am striving to be. Guys are easy to get along with, especially if you aren't flirting up a storm and trying to get their emotions going. I love all the guys at UCA, but I don't have feelings for any of them in a passionate way. They are my brothers, and I love them as brothers.

THAT is why I got upset. I don't want people to look at me and say, "Oh, she's not dating because she is freaked out by boys." I want them to look at me and say, "Wow, she is trying to focus on what God has called her to do."

I do want a family, but right now, at 17?? Heck no. I don't think God wants me to focus on that just yet. His will for some people might be to be in a relationship, but right now, not for me. You see, I am also trying to keep myself pure for my future spouse. I have never been asked out; praise the LORD! I have never been kissed by a boy, and have never dated. I am not scared of guys. I'm sorry I keep repeating this, but I want to make sure you understand. I DON'T CARE ABOUT BOYS LIKE THAT BECAUSE I WANT TO WAIT FOR SOMEONE I WANT TO MARRRRRRY! And since I want to wait a while before I get married...only brothers for now. ;)

Girls should not have to feel like that are "cool" just because they have a boyfriend. I mean, you are SO special that God sent His ONLY Son to die for you. (John 3:16) If that's not special I don't know what is.



1 comment: