Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Salvation: Written in Stone?

I recently had the great privilege of welcoming a friend into the family of God. This sister has been dear to my heart since I learned she was in fact not saved, as I assumed she was. When having a deep conversation with her she told me she felt she had been real with herself and God about her recent salvation, but still doubted whether or not it was real. I started to think back to a verse I had read that exact day: 30 minutes before our conversation. I know for a fact God had me find that verse to give to her.

Romans 10:9- that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.


Be real with yourself. Your salvation WAS and IS written in stone. Feel like God might forget His promise? "Never!" He says in this next verse.

Ephesians 1:13-14-In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with he Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

God sealed you with the Holy Spirit of promise! He is NOT a liar. Shout it to the world!

Carlee

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that Carlee I needed to hear that.....er read that!
    Sushi

    ReplyDelete
  2. THEAL!

    good post sis! Great point! Thank GOODNESS we don't have to always be doubting our salvation. I can't wait to read more posts. And btw, I think your blog background is really appropriate.

    ReplyDelete